Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cream Cheese Brownies

Biting into a moist, rich and grue-y brownie is such a comforting thing. There are days I simply need brownies to shoo away stress of housework!


These rich and moist cream cheese brownies did just that for me... I only made half the recipe and immediately regretted it as it was demolished in no time. The brownie layer was really good, though I thought there was too much cream cheese. 


The next time I do this, I'll halve the cream cheese so that I have more of a chocolate-y later. It would also be better to bake this in a smaller tray so that I'll have a thicker brownie to bite into. 


Cream Cheese Brownies (9 inch square tray)
Recipe by Nigella from here


Ingredients
 125 g dark chocolate
  • 125 g unsalted butter
  • 2 large eggs
  • 200 g caster sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 75 g plain flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 200 g cold Philadelphia cream cheese
Method
  •  Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
  • Melt the chocolate and butter over low heat in a heavy based pan.
  • Beat the eggs with sugar and vanilla.
  • Measure the flour into another bowl and add salt.
  • When the chocolate has all but completely melted, take the pan off the heat – the residual heat in the mixture will finish it off.
  • Leave for a bit to cool slightly before beating in the eggs and sugar.
  • Finally add the flour, and beat till smooth.
  • Pour half the mixture into the greased 9 inch square tin, slice the Philly as thinly as you can and put it on the mixture in the tin, pour the remaining mixture over the top.
  • Smooth the mix so that all the cream cheese is covered.
  • Bake for about 20 minutes – the top should be slightly paled and dry, but a skewer should reveal a slightly sticky centre. Cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into little squares.
Note: If I were to make this again, I would bake this in a 8 inch square tray (increase baking time by about extra 5 minutes) with half the amount of cream cheese as I prefer a thicker brownie with more chocolate part than cream cheese. 

This is for Cook Like A Star hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours, Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Mich of Piece of Cake. 


This post is for Bake Along #58, an event organised by Joyce from Kitchen FlavoursLena from Frozen Wings and Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids.

Post a Comment

0 Comments