Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Back from Amsterdam

I am now home sweet home, and seriously thinking about salad after 4 days away involving lots of bread and cheese! Chips are definitely not on the menu here this week either!

As I type, the sun is streaming through the window, an old Masterchef is on TV and I have a pile of cookery books lined up, trying to decide what to cook this week! Really struggling to decide though, am hoping Jamie will inspire me shortly as I need to go food shopping!

I also phoned the office first thing and told them I would be back tomorrow instead, not that I can really blame jetlag as the flight was only 50 minutes! The sunshine was too tempting to resist!
Whilst in Amsterdam, I couldn't resist going in a select few kitchen shops whilst there and picked up these cake decorations; dark chocolate coated coffee beans, multicoloured chocolate drops, the cutest bunnies ever and Easter sprinkles!

Unfortunately to poor lighting and a not so great camera, a lot of the food pictures didnt come out very well, so not many to show here!
Hot, sweet peppers stuffed with fresh cheese we had in a Mexican Steakhouse...spicy little bombs that were weirdly addictive!

Inside the Heineken brewery, we got to try some barley liquid which tastes very strange, a little like rice crispies in liquid form!

Random pictures of central Amsterdam:


Mozzarella fingers with sweet chilli sauce, lovely gooey centre with crispy outer:


My friends chocolate pancake, it was huge!

One of the many canals!

My new friend Mikey, he took a shine to me in a bar and spent the evening on my lap. He obviously gets fed well as he weighed a tonne!

Steak and chips, perfectly cooked to pink:

A window to drool over:



More sightseeing:

Our interesting 'snack' courtesy of KLM. Both rolls were similar to brioche, though less sweet, one contained mascarpone with a hint of lemon, interesting but edible, the second I didn't eat as was cheese and mayo, which is not my cup of tea!

Our huge breakfast at Heathrow Airport, was an early start so needed something hot and filling!


Post a Comment

0 Comments