As you are all well aware by now, I am an enthusiastic subscriber to the "maximum taste, minimum effort" school of cooking - and this sauce could be the school's emblem!!!
This is a redcurrant jelly, mint and orange sauce and it goes beautifully with roast lamb, wonderfully with lamb cutlets and is simply heavenly in a lamb sandwich!!!!!!
I use it to glaze lamb chops (cutlets) before I cook them on the barbecue or ridged pan, and then add some more just before I serve them. I use it instead of butter in a sandwich - virtuous deliciousness. It is just sooo much nicer than mint sauce to serve with roast lamb, particularly if your lamb has been studded with garlic, rosemary and lemon.
The one stipulation is that you use a good quality redcurrant jelly, with as high a fruit content as possible - it really makes a difference, I have made the mistake of using an own brand jar (they had run out of the good stuff) and would never do it again!! This recipe is a "Delia"!
Redcurrant, Orange and Mint Sauce4 tbsp redcurrant jelly
Finely grated zest from 1 medium orange
2 tbsp finely chopped mint
Place these ingredients in a bowl and stir well , making sure that there are no lumps.
Decant to a serving bowl.
Wait for the ohhhs and ahhhs!!
0 Comments