As many folks are contributing to the "Old Stuff Day" theme, I figured it would be a good time for another Hobby Retrospective (that, and I haven't got much done that's picture-worthy recently), this time around is a look at the last of my Necromunda gangs - The Spyre Hunters. Necromunda is arguably the cheapest way to game in the 40k tabletop universe, and no gang is more economical than the Spyre Hunters. Where most gangs consist of 8-12 models at initial creation, Spyre Hunters are commonly found hunting in groups of 4-5 (or even fewer)!
These are some of the oldest, and most-repainted models I still own. Over the years these four models have been stripped and repainted three times, and were purchased new when they were first released back in 1996-ish. I usually run a team with one each of the 4 Spire Houses - (from left to right) Jakara, Yeld, Orrus, and Malcadon. Unlike any other gang, any points not spent purchasing models is spent on additional starting experience, so usually I could rely on each of the Spyrers to begin their careers with an upgrade or two.
Of course, it wasn't uncommon to have a hunt team of ONE just for the opportunity to roll up an absolute monster for a one-off game. A fully tuned up Jakara or Malcadon can be pretty scary!

0 Comments