Sometimes, I like to share these ideas with those of you who are good enough to read this blog.
Here's my idea -- use a Boggle game tray to generate a character in one whack.
Here's a pic --
Take 16d6 and put them in the Boggle tray. 3 of them should be a different color -- in this case green. Shake liberally then set down. If the dice don't fit exactly, minor rearrangement may be necessary. Your character is now generated.
One possible advantage to this method would be when generating NPCs. You could shake the dice and set them aside. Maybe you only need to know their STR right now. Fine. Read it off the dice. At the next lull in the game, you can jot down all their other stats into your notes.
If you prefer 3d6 in order, here's the way I'd read the dice --
The stats would be -
STR - 9, INT - 15, WIS - 9, DEX - 9, CON - 8, CHA - 12If you prefer 4d6/best3, here's the way I'd read the dice -
The stats would be -
STR - 10, INT - 17, WIS - 10, DEX - 13, CON - 12, CHA - 12In either case, I would give 80 gp to Wizard characters, 100 gp to all others.
What do you think?



0 Comments