What I take away from every journey, more than all the requisite tourist sights I visit, are unexpected moments, chance encounters, and second looks at things that could be easily missed--but shouldn't be. So, along with shots of cathedrals (like the one above of Southwark Cathedral) and castles, my scrapbooks contain street art, alleyways, signs, and strangers I meet for a brief but memorable moment.
 |
| On a wall near Columbia Road |
 |
| In the window of one of the many bookshops on Cecil Court |
 |
| Near Brick Lane Market--I loved her spirit! |
 |
| An alley in the West End |
 |
| Street art near Brick Lane |
 |
| I've shared photos of this same building with you before. I am just drawn to it! |
 |
| There is so much interesting street art near Brick Lane! |
 |
| Fab boots in a shop window on Columbia Road |
 |
| Buddha in the window above Neal's Yard |
 |
| Fox door knocker on Columbia Road |
 |
| Mr. Magpie and graffiti |
 |
| Gorgeously redone facades |
Those blossoms were clinging to the trees outside the John Keats House in Hampstead. I'll have more to say about Keats very soon. In the meantime, I'm dreaming about doorways and alleyways and streets I've yet to wander. London has me thinking about the next journey I'd like to take. How about you? Any plans for travel? Where does your heart long to lead you?
0 Comments