Three of the many things I find unpleasant about the world are -
The phrase wine o'clock
Trite phrases on "decorative" signs
Charity shops filled with brand new, bought in goods
I actively avoid charity shops with bought in goods, so imagine my dismay when I turned up for my shift yesterday to discover we now have to flog a ton of the stuff. For me, and I think a lot of other people, one of the best things about charity shops is the recycling element and the fact that we're turning turning junk into money*. Now apparently we are buying junk to turn into slightly less money and in turn generating more stuff that will back in the shop for us to sell for even less in a couple of months.
The other thing (I promise I'm not going to go on about it) is that the bought in stock is stuff we already sell! Cushions, mugs, decorative items. WHY? What is the point of that? If we must sell this junk why not sell things that aren't items people generally donate? It's absolutely ridiculous and makes no sense to me in the slightest.
Anyway, I was tasked with making this tat look appealing in the side window, I had as much fun as it was possible to have when I didn't like anything I had to use and wasn't allowed to take anything from the packet. I did break one thing though, I consider that my protest. Can you tell I'm not impressed?
| tiny things look terrible in a window! |
| my future self is already cursing me, I'll have to separate the buttons from the confetti at some point! |
| Good taste - I'm so sorry, please forgive me |
| At least there was some orange, I was the only one who wanted tea towels and washing up brushes in the window |
Oh and the main window was pretty much empty when I turned up, almost everything had sold but nothing had been replaced, it was left for me! Cheers everyone! Anyway, enough whinging, just enough time to share the secret that I was so hot after about an hour I had to nick a dress off the 99p rail to wear for the rest of the day. I did not know I could be so stinky! More of the same today, thank goodness I'm on holiday next week.
*I know the purposes are to raise awareness of the charity and maybe make some money

0 Comments