Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I Was Struggling This Week

to find something to say.

I've been blogging since 2007 and I rarely do not post.  That is a lot of talking and sharing.  When I read back over old posts and comments, I see that blog following has lots of flow.  What I mean is that people who used to be regular visitors here have moved on, and there are many who are new readers here.  


 New growth on my Mini Rose Bush.  
I'm not an overly analytical type ( I leave that to Tim and a few of my kids!) but at times I wonder why someone stops reading a blog or at least commenting.

Then I realize that I have done that too, over the years.  There's only so much time in a day and if you are working, or still raising kids, something has to go.  


 New growth here too!


Recently I've joined with a few new link ups online (I miss Vee's Note Card Party!) and have found some new friends, and am enjoying 'new to me' blogs.  It was through Vee's monthly party that I met Dotsie, Judith, and Lorrie. 

Sometimes, we follow a blog because of where we are at in life, and the bloggers' writing resonates with us, sometimes it is due to a shared love of something such as gardening.  As our lives change, or our interests change, or our circumstances it is only normal that the blogs we seek out may change or expand. When I started blogging in 2007 I had 6 kids still at home.  Now three are married and I am a grandma. My life has changed!

We have 7 years left before all of our children will be adults.  My time is freer than its ever been, my interests have changed and are growing.  I'm thinking ahead to what will occupy my time when I am no longer raising kids.

 I am excited by the possibilities.  However blogging for so many years, I wonder what's left to say - haven't I said it all?  That's what was on my mind this week.  Then I realized that my thoughts have grown as I have continued to grow both as a person and spiritually.  I have a lot of new readers here, and I am so happy to welcome them!

I want my blog to still be about the things that drive me and this blog - Hospitality, Friendship, Encouragement. 

I'm thankful for this week of pondering, actually its been a bit of pondering longer than a week, so perhaps I should say this week of struggling with what to write about.

I feel like I have a fresh focus, and I am grateful. 

 Continued growth here as well!

Post a Comment

0 Comments